Investment banks are increasingly seeking to apply Six Sigma / Lean Six Sigma frameworks to the analysis and improvement of their business processes.
The application of such methodologies is part of GMC’s core offering to our clients. We have, for example, assisted a leading global investment bank with the analysis and improvement of its processes in derivatives sales and trading through the explicit application of a Lean Six Sigma framework:
The client’s goals in this case were to improve the speed and quality of services to internal customers through process improvements, which were arrived at via empirical analysis and collaborative team work across traditional functional boundaries.
Our Black Belt and Six Sigma trained consultants, of course, bring to bear on all such work our considerable experience and expertise in derivatives sales and trading, including:
- Front-to-back reconciliations / clearance of backlogs
- Front-to-back current workflow / root cause analysis
- Analysis of trade economic data in models and bookings
- Front-to-back “back to basics” workflow re-design and new workflow implementation
- Development of tactical IT solutions (across trading, control and operations)
- Detailed P&L analysis (for trading and control)